Event Volunteer, January 2007 to April 2007
Communications Director, May 2007 to December 2007
As an event volunteer and the Communications Director for this FEDS service, I helped plan, advertise, and lead:
- a trip to a winery estate, Niagara-on-the-Lake, and Niagara Falls, for roughly 230 people, on September 30, 2007
- a welcoming BBQ for roughly 200 new international students, September 15, 2007
- a canoeing trip for 40 people through Canoeing on the Grand, on July 21, 2007
- a trip to the Elmira Maple Syrup festival for 100 people, on March 31, 2007
The ISC is a student-run service of the Federation of Students (FEDS) at the University of Waterloo that provides a number of services for international students. The ISC mandate consists of three duities and functions:
- To promote a welcoming environment and provide a sense of community for international students;
- To act as a multicultural social organization to link international students with each other and with members of the University of Waterloo community at large; and
- To provide assistance to international students by helping to connect international students to the departments at the University of Waterloo who are assigned to handle specific issues relating to international students’ experiences.
For more information about this service that I was a part of, check out the ISC website.